How can you empower and inspire women and end violence against women?
- Speak out against violence and crime.
- Raise awareness for gender equality, justice and dignity.
- Organise or support charities, initiatives and events celebrating women.
- Join community forums.
Did you know that…..
- The first day dedicated to women was in 1911 (Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland).
- International Women’s day is globally celebrated on the 8th of March (in South Africa we celebrate National Women’s day on 9 August).
- Many events take place to celebrate the economic, political and social achievements of women.
Quotes from respected leaders in the world
- ” Women is the companion of man, gifted with equal capacity.” – Gandhi
- ” Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- ” Men and boys, we show our manhood through the way we treat our women, our wives, our sisters, our mothers.” – Archbishop Tutu
You are awesome!
- A chess set in every classroom in every school in every community!